How to approach local authorities and work on a local level.
How local councils function
• Scrutiny – how councils are held to account
• Money – why councils are cautious
• Partnerships – what local government covers
Who to influence
• County vs borough
• Mayors and Devolved Government
• Regional Development Agencies and Local Enterprise Partnerships
What are you asking for?
• Acceptance and joint working
• Responsibility and referrals
How to help local councils
• Remind them of the legislation
• Invoke the danger of quietism
• Use case studies of what other authorities have done